Monday, April 29, 2013

Nerve Wracking...

But necessary.



Since I'm using natural fibers for hair, I have to spray the hair with some type of fixative.  Fixative from the craft store would probably be better but I still had that bottle of Aqua Net from when I fixed Audrey's hair...you might remember she was their spokesperson for a while?

I covered the entire block with plastic wrap, using pins to snug the wrap underneath the edges of the hairdo, protecting the background wall and Mrs. Rose's face and neck.


Then the nerve wracking part...you spray just like you would your own hair, using a pin to tuck in fly-away hairs while the hair is still wet.

Now I leave it alone to dry, praying that none of the spray made it onto the block or face.

Just in time.   Today is a rainy day...not good hair weather for a gal with curly locks...

17 comments:

Laurie said...

Great idea, she's going to be so beautiful with her do!

Elaine said...

This block is so beautiful, I love watching how you create your embroideries. I am still very much a beginner but really enjoy stitching.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

So sweet, this really cracks me up. I'm sure she would get a kick out of this.

Love and hugs to you as you continue on this sweet memorial piece of embroidered art.

FlowerLady

gracie said...

You never mentioned that you are a hair stylist! Her culs looks so natural.

Mary Ann Tate said...

Ha how funny. I'm taking an online doll class and yesterday the teacher suggested Aqua Net as spray fixative for the face. You hold the can of spray a few inches away and when you spray allow the mist to be parallel to the head so that the mist sort of gently rains down onto the face. Ya learn something new everyday:)

Cari said...

I remember you spraying Audrey's hair. Although nerve wracking...I'm thinking you did a fab job there Susan.

Mrs. Rose is lovely....

Hugs

cucki said...

Great idea..she is going to look so pretty x

Createology said...

Mrs. Rose looks like she just came from the beauty salon after having her hair "coiffed". Very lovely dear...

Judys Lace Creations said...

What a difference a day or two makes.This little lady is now an elegant dame with her freshly set hair!
Gorgeous.Loving seeing you work on her.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

great technique! I would have been trying to tack those curls in place. Somehow, I think Mrs. Rose is watching your progress and thinking she never looked that good..but don't we all think something like that at sometime or another ~lol~
xx, Carol

Judy S. said...

wouldn't Mrs. R just love knowing she has the same hairdresser as Audrey Hepburn?

Marsha said...

She's beautiful.

Anonymous said...

You have created a lovely hair do! It is interesting to see how you have done it.

Rachel said...

It works so well, even if it is a bit nerve-wracking!

Catherine said...

Ooohhh...her hair looks fabulous! Hope all went well!

Unknown said...

Looks like you have great fun in there.I love to see your work and ideas.She will have a high class hair do.

Mouse said...

paws crossed it all worked out ... she sure looks good in her new do :)love mouse xxxxx

Related Posts with Thumbnails